Thanks to raw chef Tina Jo Stephens for this YUMMY recipe!
• 1 ½ cups mashed avocados (3 avocados)
• ½ cup raw agave nectar (I like honey)
• ½ cup water
• 2 teaspoon vanilla powder or 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• ½ cup diced mango
• ½ cup diced pineapple
• ½ cup diced banana
Mango Ice Cream
• 3 cups frozen mango chunks (see note)
1. To make the Tropical Ambrosia, place the avocados, agave nectar, water, and vanilla powder in a food processor and process until smooth. Transfer the avocado purée to a mixing bowl and fold in the diced fruits.
2. To make the mango ice cream, allow the mango chunks to thaw for 5 minutes. Place in a food processor and process until smooth. Stop occasionally to scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula.
3. To serve, place a spoonful of tropical ambrosia in a small dessert bowl. Top with a scoop of mango ice cream.
Note: To make frozen mango chunks, freeze fresh cubed mango on a parchment-lined glass baking dish in the freezer for 30 minutes to 2 hours. Then place the mango cubes in re-sealable plastic bags and store in the freezer for at least 2 hours and up to 1 week. Alternatively, use frozen organic mango chunks, which are available in the freezer section of many grocery stores.
I'm thinking that with all those avocados, this picture should be more GREEN ice cream...