Horoscope for March 21, 2012
Zodiacal year 2012 begins March 20th when the Sun enters Aries, first sign of the zodiac. The Equinox extends over several days while night and day are equal, yin and yang are in balance and the Sun is at the celestial equator, the zero point of creation.
Spring Equinox culminates March 25th with the Festival of Eostre, goddess of Spring. Eostre’s magic rabbit (the March Hare) brings the “world egg”
containing all that will be unfolding in this new cycle. The scale of the year now tips toward the flowering of a new creation. March 25th is the Catholic “Lady Day” or Feast of Annunciation, an apt overlay for the day that announces the birth of Spring and the Divine Spirit for the new cycle.
March 25th was New Year’s Day before the change to the Gregorian calendar in 1752. And March 25th becomes the New Year for the New Age in Tolkien’s “Lord of the Rings” as it marks the passing of Sauron, the Fall of the Dark Tower and the Return of the King. This date is predicted to be the New Year for the New Age of Aquarius. Many important dates for 2012 are listed in the Chronology of J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Return of the King.
Jupiter in earth sign Grand Trine at this Spring Equinox brings good fortune to all who align with the progressive new Spirit emerging in the world. This Grand Trine releasing (by sesquisquare) through Eris/Persephone and Ceres evokes the emergence of a new dimension of the Divine Feminine which transforms shadow Mars (retrograde in Virgo) making way for the Return of the King, an inspired new masculine nature in accord with divine purpose and prepared to lead the renewal of all things.
Spring Equinox New Year celebration begins when the Sun sets on March 24th.
At this time the New Moon crescent will appear in the 7th House near bright Jupiter in fortunate trine with Mars rising in the east.
Isn’t there a song about this?
When the Moon is in the Seventh House
And Jupiter aligns with Mars
Then peace will guide the planets
And love will steer the stars
This is the dawning of the Age of Aquarius The Age of Aquarius Aquarius! Aquarius!
But hey wait, the Moon is in the 7th House for about 2 hours every day and these planetary alignments happen from time to time, what makes this time so special? Well, here are a number of reasons this is the time predicted in the song Age of Aquarius:
1) The most potent Moon energetically is the new crescent, it always appears in the 7th House just following Sunset a day or two after the New Moon each month. This New Moon is extra special because it’s the New Moon of Aries universally celebrated as New Year in the soli-lunar calendars of ancient indigenous societies. Jews, Hindus and Cherokees still traditionally begin their year when the Aries crescent Moon appears. A crescent New Moon brings new beginnings and it is reasonable that the dawning of the Age of Aquarius will be dated from the appearance of the Aries New Moon.
2) By cosmic synchronicity this year the Aries New Moon crescent appears on the Eve of March 25th, the traditional fixed solar New Year Day (observed until 1752). March 25th also becomes the New Year for the New Age in Tolkien’s “Lord of the Rings.”
3) Jupiter and Mars are both well visible in the sky and near their maximum brightness. Planets above the horizon are conscious and active, Jupiter aligning with Mars below the horizon would not fulfill the prophecy.
4) The crescent New Moon will be visible in the 7th House just entering Taurus where the Moon is exalted. This is important because a heavenly body must be in a sign where it’s well disposed to be effective. So the Moon would be in Cancer or Taurus to fulfill the prophecy.
5) Venus, the goddess of love, is shining brilliantly and happily in her home sign Taurus. Venus shines far brighter than all the stars, Love steers the stars. In the Spring Equinox (birth of the year) chart Venus is located at midpoint Taurus, the power gate of the earth element that is symbolized by the Ace of Pentacles in Tarot. This with the benefics Venus and Jupiter conjunct in the heavens is great boon for creative abundance and universal prosperity in this new time.
6) Jupiter, the planet of the high king, is also well placed with Venus in Taurus in an earth sign Grand Trine with Mars and Pluto. Jupiter rules peace in astrology and Jupiter is the planet of the 2nd ray which is love-wisdom, This is the same ray as Christ, the Prince of Peace. The 2nd ray is ruling ray of this creation, Peace will guide the planets.
In 2012 the collective shadow of the past Age is broken as the great shift to the Age of Aquarius begins. Each Age lasts 2,160 years and the shift of the ages takes about 100 years with most of the changeover during a 36-year Sun Period, a renaissance time that reoccurs every 252 years. The current Sun Period began in 1981 and it concludes in 2016 when the shift to the Age of Aquarius will be complete. The 36-year Sun Period has 12 phases represented by the zodiac signs Aries to Pisces. These 3-year zodiacal phases further divide into the 36 decan subsigns, one for each year. 2012 is the 32nd year of the present Renaissance Sun Period. This year is a center decan Aquarius year, another cosmic synchronicity with 2012.
The “World Wheel of Fortune” advances one decan each year beginning at Spring Equinox. Each year has it’s own decan star sign and related tarot card. 2012 is 2nd decan Aquarius, constellation Pegasus and 6 of Swords tarot arcanum. Keynotes are safe passage and smooth transition. This card shows a man steering a boat with woman and child over a shallow lake toward Avalon, the Apple Isle. Here resides the powerful queen Cerridwen with her cauldron of transformation and inspiration. The fire is kept burning beneath her cauldron by the breaths of 9 maidens who are the Muses. Pegasus opens the Fountain of the Muses bringing inspiration to the world. At the heart of the Pegasus decan is the fixed sign Aquarius power gate symbolized by the Ace of Swords. In one of its many forms this sword is Excalibur, the sword given to King Arthur by the Lady of the Lake. The lake is depicted in the 6 of Swords tarot card.
At this Equinox a year of fast moving Mercury ends and an even faster year of the Moon begins. Lunar cycles will be more powerful this year and silver, the metal of the Moon, will grow in value. All things lunar bring blessings in this cycle including flowers of the Moon especially lotus, Moon flower, water lilies, wisteria and poppies – also all flowers that are white or violet. Foods of the Moon include melons, lettuce, cabbage, cucumbers, mangoes and kiwi. Anise, camphor, galbanum, nutmeg and olibanum are spices and precious oils of the Moon. Willow is a special tree of the Moon and its bark is the natural source of aspirin, also lunar and useful to us. Cats, rabbits, owls and deer are sacred creatures of the Moon.
The Moon isn’t really a planet, it’s part of the Earth, yet the Moon channels the energy of Uranus, the planet of the New Age. Uranus is the Promethean who brings the new fire of higher consciousness, global awareness and the “New Heaven and New Earth.”
Welcome to the Age of Aquarius!
Spring Equinox is a gateway entering a new cycle of creation. This Spring we realize who we are and what we’re here to do, it’s time to break free of old ways and move into our new life story. Each of us is given a special role to play in this time.
Everyone has a creative essence Carl Jung calls the os-ob. When this core aspect of our psyche is brought to awareness, it attracts all that is needed to realize its purpose in the world. This unique element can be awakened through music and dance.
We dance the souls free!
The Heav’nly Spheres make music for us;
The Holy Twelve dance with us;
All things join in the dance!
Ye who dance not, know not the way of life.
~ The Hymn of Jesus
The true art of dancing
is dancing what comes out
and not following the rules
– dancing how you want.
Because if you follow rules
your soul never gets to show you
the dance you’ve known
ever since you were born.
~ Emily Turner, age 6