Delicious raw lemon-cheesecake recipe …
⅓ cup almonds
⅓ cup hemp Hearts
1 teaspoon coconut sugar or honey
1.5 tbsp coconut oil
½ cup macadamia nuts (soaked for a few hours)
½ cup cashews (soaked for a few hours)
⅓ cup coconut oil
⅓ cup coconut milk
⅓ cup fresh lemon juice
¼ cup coconut sugar or honey
1. Soak your macadamia nuts and cashews for a few hours before you plan to make the cake. Drain off the water before using them in the recipe.
2. Combine the almonds and hemp hearts together in your blender at a moderate speed. You don’t want to make a nut butter, you want it to be mealy.
3. Add your sweetener and 1.5 tbsp coconut oil. Mix on a low speed until it starts to come together.
4. Press the mixture in to a 6 inch cake pan or springform lined with parchment. Set aside as you make your filling.
5. Combine all the filling ingredients in your high-performance blender or food processor until the mixture is completely smooth. There shouldn’t be any chunky bits.
6. Taste the mixture to see if it is sweet enough for you. If it isn’t, add more sweetener in small increments until you are happy with it.
7. Pour the mixture on top of the crust in the cake pan.
8. Set in the fridge or freeze until firm. (about 1 hour for me)