While Annmarie was making it I was a little skeptical, but it turned out really, really good!
Take a look…
Your question of the day: Who could you share this delicious recipe with?
http://www.wellthychoices.net/wp-admin/post-new.phpThis recipe was contributed by our friend and raw food dessert master Lori Clayton-Temple. You can find out more about her here on her facebook page:http://www.facebook.com/lori.claytontemple
Here’s the raw food recipe:
Spicy Mexican Chocolate Mousse
– .5 Ounces dried, Irish Moss (note: rinse really well in cold water and let soak for at least 20 min in warm water, will yield 3.15 wet moss)
– 1 Cup Hemp Seed Milk (note to make hemp milk: 1 Cup Hemp Seeds to 3 cups water and blend, no need to strain)
In a high speed blender, blend well, stopping to scrape down the sides. Blend well.
Add to the blender:
– 1 Cup Hemp Seed Milk
– 1/8 Cup Hemp Seeds (Optional to make it extra creamy, not needed though)
– 3/4 Cup Honey or Pure Maple Syrup
– 3/4 cup Cacao Powder
– 1 TBSP Vanilla Powder
– 1/8 tsp Sea Salt
– 1 TBSP Kev?s Ceylon Cinnamon powder
– 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
– 1/4 tsp Allspice
– pinch of cayenne
Blend well, stopping to scrape down sides of blender.
– 1/2 Cup slightly warmed Coconut Oil
– 2 TBSP Lecithin (we prefer Healthforce Nutritionals)
Let set up in refrigerator for a few hours or overnight.
Serve as a parfait, pie or tart. Garnish with a few Cacao nibs, goji berries, chopped almonds, a bash of cinnamon or a drizzle of raw chocolate sauce.
Enjoy with friends!