Posted by: “email@example.com” firstname.lastname@example.org lifetechnology1
Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:53 am (PDT)
Are Microwaves a/the major Causal Factor in CFS/ME? The Evidence
by Paul Doyon
1. The symptoms of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome mimic those of what the
Russians have termed “Radio Wave Illness” but also known as “Microwave Sickness.”
2. Outbreaks of “Chronic Fatigue Syndrome” or “Yuppie Flu” suddenly became
widespread in the mid 80s just as commercial cellular phone networks were
being set up in the United States and other parts of the world.
3. Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and a number of other similar syndromes
(Autism, ADHD, Alzheimer’s, etc.) increased exponentially in the early 1990s with
the advent and spread of digital (2G) cellular phone technology.
4. Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Autism, and ADHD are found to be more
prevalent in countries with a plethora of cell phone networks and electrosmog
present while being just about absent in those countries with few like Myanmar,
Nepal, Bhutan, and Laos which have been late to implement cell phone
technology. (These disease states are also extremely rare among the Amish – who
due to religious beliefs do not use electricity. )
5. Microwaves have been shown in studies to induce Oxidative Damage leading
to a decrease in Super Oxide Dimutase (SOD), catalase, glutathione, CoQ10
along with evidence of increased byproducts of oxidative stress to cell
membranes, MDA. Oxidative damage has been found to be a major factor in CFS
and people with CFS consistently found to be depleted in the above body’s
6. Exposure to microwaves and other EMFs is known to abnormally affect
calcium flux into and out of cells. This is also a abnormality found in people
7. Mitochondria Disfunction – shown to be induced by microwave exposure –
is also an abnormality found in CFS/ME.
8. Red blood cells (erythrocytes) are altered and their count decreased by
exposure to microwave radiation. Red blood cells are responsible for
transporting oxygen to and carbon dioxide away from cells in the brain and other
organs of the body. Lack of oxygen to the brain and other organs can result
in brain fog, inability to concentrate, dizziness, and nausea – symptoms
found in CFS; they are also interestingly found in altitude sickness due to
hypoxia or a lack of oxygen being transported to the tissues in the brain
and other organs.
9. Microwaves have been shown in studies to induce a decrease in the
numbers of Natural Killer (NK) cells. Low numbers of NK Cells are found in People
With Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (PWC), and are thought to be responsible for
the reactivation of viral and other infections found in PWC.
10. In workers occupationally exposed long-term to microwaves a lower value
of T-helper/T-suppress or (T4/T8) ratio were found. PWC have a lower than
normal ratio of T4/T8.
11. EMF exposure has been shown to effect an increase in viruses, bacteria,
mold, parasites, and yeast in the blood of the human host. These pathogens
are all commonly found in PWC.
12. Microwaves have been shown in studies to induce “subliminal” stress
causing the adrenals to excrete more cortisone and adrenaline eventually
leading to adrenal exhaustion. Adrenal exhaustion is a major factor in CFS.
13. Studies have shown a decrease 5-HT in the blood of those exposed to
microwaves. 5-HT is a precursor to the production of serotonin. Low levels of
serotonin have been linked to anxiety and depression. Anxiety and
depression are symptoms commonly found in People With CFS (PWC).
14. Microwaves are known to induce a decrease in norepinephrine levels.
Norepinephrine is essential for control of the autonomous nervous system. The
autonomous nervous system is known to be affected in people with CFS – and
in Japan, people with CFS (PWC) are now often also diagnosed as having the
now extremely common Autonomous Nervous System Disorder
(jiritsushinkeishic hosho). Norepinephrine is also connected with short-term memory
disturbances and depression, both of which are found in PWC.
15. Melatonin production is altered by exposure to microwaves. Melatonin is
an antioxidant necessary for sleep. Melatonin is believed to be altered in
CFS with irregular sleep patterns and insomnia symptoms associated with
16. Dopamine levels are also known to be affected by microwave radiation
exposure. PWC have been found to often have low levels of dopamine with
decreased dopamine being linked to depression, a symptoms also found in PWC.
17. Decreases in the hormone Acetylcholine – known to be induced by
exposure to EMR – is an abnormality also found in CFS/ME.
18. People with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome usually feel better at night (in
spite of sleep problems) – when there are less people using their cell
phones and hence less electrosmog.
19. Some EMF frequencies have been shown to induce restlessness. PWC often
complain of restlessness and many have a condition called restless leg
20. It has been documented that people who have had a cell phone tower
installed near their homes suddenly start having the following symptoms:
headaches, dizziness, inability to concentrate, memory problems, fatigue,
worsening vision, swollen lymph nodes, nausea, and decreased appetite. All these
symptoms have been found in people with CFS.
21. It has been found in CFS (and Autism) via SPECT scans that there is
decreased blood flow to the brain. Studies have shown that electromagnetic
fields (EMF), like those emitted by cell phones, alter regional cerebral blood
22. Microwaves have been shown to alter blood coagulation. People with
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome often have a coagulation dysfunction.
23. PWC often suffer from allergies. Allergies involve the production of
histamine by mast cells. Microwaves have been known to turn on mast cells to
produce more histamine and other EMFs have been to shown to actually
increase the number of mast cells in the body. Microwaves have also been found to
increase IgE antibodies in people with atopic eczema.
24. Low Blood Pressure (hypotension) is known to be caused by microwave
exposure and it is also a symptom found in CFS/ME.
25. Microwaves are also known to adversely affect the heart. People with
CFS usually go on to develop heart problems in the later stages of their
26. Studies have shown an adverse effect of microwaves on the eyes. PWC
often complain of problems with their eyes and vision deterioration.
27. It is known that microwaves and other EMR alter the pineal gland’s
production of melatonin and serotonin which – among other actions – regulate
the body’s biocycles. People with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome usually have a
dysfunctional pineal gland.
28. Nitric Oxide buildup – a byproduct of microwave exposure – is also
found in CFS.
29. An opening of the Blood Brain Barrier (BBB) – shown to be induced by
microwave radiation exposure – is also found in PWC/ME.
30. Six thousand German doctors – many specializing in Environmental
Medicine – have signed the Freidburger Appeal – after the government failed to
act – since they have noticed a correlation between a microwave exposure by
cell phones and cell phone towers and a number of symptoms, many of which
are found in CFS/ME.
31. There have been a number of anecdotal accounts from PWC/ME who have
cured themselves or eliminated many of their symptoms by reducing their
exposure to or removing themselves from an electromagnetic environment.
Having said that I think that all this evidence is pretty substantial.
Isn’t it time for good people to stand up and say something in numbers, to
stand up and do something together?
“Somehow these dangers must be brought into the open so forcefully that the
entire population of the world is made aware of them. Scientists must
begin to ask and seek answers tot he questions raised in this chapter,
regardless of the effect on their careers. These energies are too dangerous to me
entrusted forever to politicians, military leaders, and their lapdog
researchers. ” (Becker, 1985, p. 328)
Hence, in examining the pieces of the puzzle called CFS and connecting
those pieces to the research on the effects of microwave radiation and other
EMR, the overwhelming evidence presented in this paper seems to answer the
question, “Are microwaves and other EMR a causal factor in CFS/ME?” with a
definite and reverberating “Yes.”
It shall be interesting to see how those who make their living through the
business and politics of denial, deceit, deception, will try to spin the
facts. The truth of the matter is that the present ambient level of EMR in
our environment is dangerous and is making too many of us sick. It is time we
moved from denial to acceptance, from ignorance to awareness, and from
apathy to action.