Posted by: “Sharon Greenspan” email@example.com sharon_at_wildsuccess
Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:41 pm (PDT)
Here’s a recipe I find yummy — do remember that it’s still a lot of
fat…if you’re “craving” chocolate cake….great to ask “why” — is it a
magnesium issue or an emotional issue (I don’t mean to suggest that it’s not
okay to eat this…just that doing it with intention is helpful in the long
run. If you eat a whole cake while working through your issue you still come
out ahead ;-D
1 tablespoon cacao powder
1/2 cup carob powder (feel free to play with the carob-cacao proportions)
1 tablespoon agave (you can also use raw honey, stevia or other favorite
1/2 cup hemp seed powder
1 cup grated cacao butter
1 cup cashews
2 cups raisins (I like monukka or hunza)
1/2 cup hemp seed butter or your favorite nut butter
1. Combine all ingredients into a bowl.
2. Place into a warm dehydrator or into a larger bowl which has warm water
in it. The idea is to soften the cacao and hemp butter.
3. Put into Vitamix or other blender and blend about 90 seconds. You can add
a little water if you need to.
4. Pour into a pan and spread evenly.
5. Cover and place in the fridge for about 2 hours.
1. Laziest option — buy Artisana Cacao Bliss — a coconut butter with cacao
mixed in. Use it straight from the jar.
2. A little less lazy — buy a jar of coconut butter, soften some, mix in
I don’t have other frosting recipes…but I bet if you Google or search
YouTube a bit you can find some with comments.
hugs and greens,