Raw, Organic Cashews:
One of Nature’s Most Nutrient-Dense Nuts
Posted by: “Suzanne” email@example.com
If you want to stay as healthy as possible as you age, it’s critical that you limit your consumption of pasteurized dairy products, which I believe can be a significant cause of heart disease, poor digestive tract health, a hypersensitive and weakened immune system, chronic skin challenges, chronic ear infections, and chronic sinus problems, just to name a few conditions that are strongly linked to regular consumption of pasteurized dairy.
When I design dairy-free dietary programs for clients, I often recommend eating about a handful of raw, organic cashews per day, as cashews are extremely dense in health-promoting nutrients, and their natural creaminess and sweetness make them an excellent substitute for many dairy-based foods and snacks. For example, the experience of eating apple slices dipped in freshly made cashew butter – easily made by blending up a handful of cashews in a blender or food processor – usually convinces even the most fervent lovers of dairy that life without cow’s milk can still be grand.
Beyond nourishing your body with freshly made cashew butter, you can make a variety of creamy dips, sauces, and even dairy-free cheese with cashews. You can also enjoy raw, organic cashews mixed in with smoothies, cereals, and trail mixes. And of course, they’re fantastic just on their own, fresh out of the bag.
When eaten on a regular basis, raw, organic cashews may have the following physiological effects:
1. Keep your heart and blood vessels healthy by providing your cardiovascular system with a steady stream of healthy, monounsaturated fatty acids.
2. Build and maintain strong bones and teeth by supplying your body with a rich supply of magnesium, which is just as important to the physical structure of your bones and teeth as calcium.
3. Promote healthy blood pressure – magnesium-rich cashews can help keep your blood vessels relaxed, combating the negative effects of poor dietary choices and stress than can cause high blood pressure.
4. Keep your nerves relaxed – this is also accomplished by magnesium, which promotes a healthy, relaxed tone in your nerves and muscles by acting as a natural calcium channel blocker.
5. Decrease muscle cramps and soreness – also due to the high magnesium content of high quality cashews.
6. Promote deep, restful sleep through the relaxation effect that magnesium has on your nervous system and muscles.
7. Keep your joints, bones, and blood vessels flexible by supplying your body with significant amounts of copper.
8. Prevent premature aging and disease by supporting the antioxidant activity of a powerful enzyme called superoxide dismutase.
http://health. groups.yahoo. com/group/ HAWK_Health_ Awareness
What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered.